There is nothing like doing a squat to define butt and legs. This is because it is a complete exercise: it works with various muscle groups in the region, provides caloric expenditure, and boosts lean mass gain.
But in order to guarantee all these benefits, in the first place, it is necessary to squat in the right way. “As it activates biarticular muscles, that is, they require more control, it is more difficult to perform and the person may be injured”, comments the orthopedist André Petronella, a member of the Brazilian Society of Arthroscopy and Sports Traumatology.
So, how do squats?
To do the simple squat correctly, follow the step by step:
- Spread your feet far enough to keep them in line with your hips.
- Imagine that you are sitting in a chair: bend your knees, slightly lift your butt and make the descent movement. “You must start flexing your knees and hips simultaneously,” teaches Lucas Florencia, physical education teacher, and technical department manager at Smart Fit. In this way, you do not hinder the development of the movement.
- In the meantime, pay attention to the arms: the upper limbs help in the execution of the squat. Point your elbows at the floor and slightly back, aligning your shoulder blades and spine.
- In order not to flex your hips excessively and overload your lower back, pay attention when projecting your chest to the floor. Thus, the secret to squatting, according to Florencia, is in the abdomen: “For an excellent posture, keep the abdomen well contracted during the whole process, both of descent and ascent”.
- Finally, extend your legs to return to the starting position.
Tips for doing a perfect squat
- Take your time. More than the weight load and the number of repetitions, speed is the one that dictates the quality in the execution of the squat. “When the person does the squat slowly, he can correct maladjustments and avoid injuries”, explains the orthopedist André Petronella.
- Wear the right shoes. Have you ever heard of “dynamic valgus”? It is a postural failure in which the knees seem to “fall” inward, in an attempt to gain strength to climb the squat. Often, the dynamic valgus happens due to a muscular weakness of the middle gluteus and external rotators. “If you are crouching with a sneaker with too much cushioning, you can increase this bad posture”, warns Lucas Florencia.
- Knees and ankles. Still, in order to decrease the dynamic valgus, it is extremely important to keep the knees in the same direction as the tip of the feet, to give stability to the movement.
Other types of squats
The squatting movement is also part of other exercises of greater difficulty. In the sink, for example, you take a step forward, flexing your knee and keeping your thigh parallel to the floor. The squat with a barbell can be done with washers
The important thing is to have a professional accompaniment because they are complex exercises – understanding the training objectives and the limitations of your body are essential to avoid discomfort and possible injuries. Try taking some high injections like Humatrope 24mg and Genotropin 36iu for better performance.
Knowing how to squat is essential to activate a series of muscle groups: quadriceps, gluteus maximus, and medius, biceps femoris, in addition to stabilizers abdomen and multifidus. As a result, working on all these muscles strengthens, improves fitness, and helps with weight loss.