Backpacking to Tosh is the best way to start your trekking experience if you’ve never been on one. Its winter landscape has you awestruck. Tosh is situated in Parvati valley and is one of the most visited places in Himachal Pradesh. It is surrounded by green mountains with pine, deodar, and oak trees.
It is located at an altitude of 7,874 ft. The base camp is in Kasol as usually Tosh trek is often preceded by a Kasol trek. Tosh is known as the hidden gem of Himachal Pradesh as there is less tourist crowd, which makes it the perfect escape destination from hectic metropolitan life.
Flora and Fauna
You’ll find Blue Himalayan Poppies, irises, primulas, buttercups, marsh marigolds, and Himalayan Balsam flowers here. Apple orchards are a huge source of income for local people. Wooden houses add to the scenic beauty and throw light on the architecture of mountain people. Parvati river flows alongside the village and breathes life into the place.
The difficulty level is easy and beginner-friendly. It is the most comfortable trek of all other nearest treks as you can cover it in one day easily. It can be treated as a quick getaway from your busy city life.
See Also: 3 Reasons Why You Should Choose Serviced Apartments Over Hotels
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Tosh is during summer and pre-winter. The view during this time is no less than art and the trek is much easier and smoother to experience during this time. It is not advisable to go trekking here in the monsoon as the trail is slippery.
It’ll take you approximately 1.5hrs to trek to Tosh from Bahraini which covers a distance of 3km. You can camp there and return the next day to know and experience more of this beautiful place.
After arriving in Kasol, you need to reach the starting point of the Tosh trek which is Bharsaini. Follow the Tosh river deep into the forest of pine while trekking to Tosh Valley. Then you’ll reach the beautiful springs and rocks. From here, trek to the Tosh waterfall which is approximately 2.5km.
You can stay here overnight and camp, enjoy the night with music and a bonfire.
You will be trekking back from Tosh valley the next day. After reaching Bharsaini, take transport to Kasol.
- Visit Tosh Mandir
- Spend some quality time at the Tosh Waterfall
- Enjoy the natural beauty
- Admire the Apple orchards
- Witness the Local Mountain culture
- Camp under the sky full of stars and wake up to a spectacular sunrise.
- Try local Israeli food.
- Click amazing pictures.
Precautions and Essentials
- Good trekking shoewear is advised to ensure a comfortable trekking experience.
- Wear light and comfortable clothes.
- Consuming alcohol and smoking is prohibited.
- You should stick to a group as there are many wild animals in the forests.
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Complete trekking gear
- ID proof is required in the trek.
- Carry water and some food with yourself.
- Carry a backpack or bag which has a double strap (no sling bag is preferred).
- Carry mosquito repellent and sunscreen.
- Carry rainjackets, first aid, windcheater, and some extra clothes for emergency needs.
- Carry minimum weight.
- Don’t litter.
- Take care of your luggage.
- Carry your medicines and first aid. Carry personal medicines if any.
- Carry dry fruits and energy snack bars.
It is a beginner-friendly trek as the trail can be covered in less time than other treks. Some added perks are even though it’s a smaller journey, it doesn’t make your experience any less memorable. This land is made to get lost in and relax as many of us want a break from our boring hectic daily schedules. The locals are very welcoming and friendly. While you’re there don’t miss out on the tales of Tosh Mandir cult stories. The place has spiritual significance as it is believed to have been blessed by Lord Shiva. No wonder it’s one of the most peaceful places. This trek is a must for photographers and travel bloggers. Every minute you spend here brings you closer to nature and culture. It is the perfect family as well as friends trip you’ve been planning for ages.